Sunday, March 6, 2011

What I believe

I believe in God.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, GOD created the heavens and the earth."

I believe in the Trinity - 
God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 13:14 "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

I believe Jesus was sent to earth, born of a virgin and was fully man and fully God.

Matthew 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel - which means 'God with us'".

I believe He was without sin.

I John 3:5 "But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin." 
I believe He died for me. 
I believe He rose from the dead.

I Corinthians 15:3b-4 "...that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures,..." 
I believe someday, He will come again.

Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory."
I believe Salvation is offered as a free gift, 
(not something you can earn by good works),
as Jesus paid the penalty for our sins by suffering on the cross.

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son, that WHOEVER believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life."
I believe the Bible is God's Holy word and is completely true and relevant.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"


No comments:

Post a Comment