Thursday, March 31, 2011

One step forward, two steps back

~One Step Forward~
 
One of the easiest starting points 
- AND most important - 
was Einsteins room. 
Einstein NEEDS his own room. 
He'd also never had a room of his own so I was excited about offering that to him. 
We decided to put him on the first floor for safety reasons.  
This room was in VERY good shape! 
There were NO holes in his walls and his windows were in good shape. 
This would be a fairly easy room to do! 
We started by ripping out the old carpet, and found two layers of it. 
Look what was underneath...
Isn't that neat? 
I think it's cool.
Not so much for a floor...but neat nonetheless.
I saved a chunk that I'd like to do something with.
Ideas?
Under that...
We decided we liked the way this looked, so we left the floor like this.
I scrubbed and painted. 
I used an off white color for his walls, I think it was called popcorn or something similar to that. 
We were given a VERY nice bedroom set.
I was so happy with the way this turned out. 
I like the furniture and the way the light brightens the room. 
Very happy that when we were actually able to move in, his room would be ready.

~Two Steps Back~
Unfortunatly, it no longer looks this way.
In his anger, he has destroyed his furniture.
He busted the rails for the drawers under his bed.
He's kicked the footboard so hard that it splintered.
He broke the drawers in his dresser and nightstand.
He carved all over his desk.
He repeatedly threw things at his mirror trying to smash it.
He's broken his windows.
He's smahed his walls.
He's urinating on his walls and floor.

Here's just a glimpse of how it looks now...
Not one wall has been left unscathed. 
It's so sad that someone can be so miserable inside, so full of hate and anger that they refuse to even allow themselves a comfortable place of refuge from the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I know you know that I can totally relate. We still have a wall to fix in our son's room. :( Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara. It is very comforting to know that we aren't alone! It's the trying to remember that in the day to day grind. :)

    ReplyDelete