Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... It has been fairly nice today. The sun has been shinning brightly and it's been close to 40'. Currently snow and icicles are dripping off the house. 


I am thinking... That I won't be able to sit here long as I have pain in my right hip and knee and it intensifies when I sit here at the computer. Wondering why Sis seems to have attitude and why Hunny is SO busy? 


I am thankful for... Tax returns! and all that enables us to accomplish. :) Good Ole Boy was able to change his air filter and 6 of his 8 spark plugs & wires so far today. (needs help with the other 2 as his tools aren't working) It's running better! His new tires are supposed to be in tomorrow and he hopes to get the brakes done after work tomorrow too. Wow - no more grinding! It will be nice to have the truck running better AND safer for us. 

From the learning rooms... We are on Spring Break this week. Still had karate and gym class today but no homeschool. :)

From the kitchen... It's fend for yourself night. Hunny had a bowl of rice krispies. Einstein & Bug had the rest of the chicken soup. Sis is complaining their is absolutely nothing to eat! lol. :) And I am planning on peanut butter homemade toast. Good Ole Boy is off to his monthly meeting at work. After eating Einstein has dishes. 

I am wearing... Black hoodie, blue windpants & tennis shoes.


I am creating... Tweeking my school order which I hope to place within the week. 


I am going... To be tackling what will become Hunny's room this week. Yesterday I got the closet organized, kinda. That room needs the walls and ceiling replaced as they are all bubbly and peeling. Not sure what had happened to it but we have only used it as storage since we've been here. So I hope to get through as many boxes as possible this week and reorganize, pitch or donate much of the contents of that room. The reorganizing part is also removing it from there so we can get started on replacing the ceiling and walls. We really need to get her room available for her use. 

I am reading... Your defiant teen - still working on step one
Armageddon by Tim LaHaye

I am hoping... That Spring returns. I am cold. I want to bask in the warmth of the sun hitting my face. To feel it soaking into my skin. 


I am hearing... Hunny has found a recorder and is playing a "beautiful" song. Einstein is mumbling. Sounds like a chainsaw outside? 

Around the house... Much needs done. The display board and overhead projector are still in the dinning room needing to be hauled downstairs. Laundry needs work. Coffee table is mounded with toys... 
This evening I have done a load of laundry, took care of everything out of the tote from Friday night and most is put away correctly :) and dusted about half the living room. Always something and it never ends, lol.


One of my favorite things... When the kids are quiet and cooperative with each other and us.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work upstairs, laundry, work, Fireproof group, Hunny sees the allergist Friday, Church, & then CT next Tuesday.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
View of the 'supermoon' from our front porch steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment