Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is dark and starting to rain. It's been a decent day though with the sun shinning bright. 

I am thinking... Of my nice warm bed, snuggled under blankets! We left at 7:15 this morning and got home at 8:30 tonight and I am beat!

I am thankful for... The spay/neuter assistance program our county offers. We got the three boys neutered today! YAY! With the voucher, we only had to pay $30 of the $105 bill. What a huge blessing.

From the learning rooms... Week two of our pirate rabbit trail. This week we will be learning about famous pirates and female pirates. Sis made me flashcards of the Hebrew alphabet and has been quizzing me on them. She however rolls her eyes at my feeble attempts and laughs at my verbalization of symbols. I do know that lamed looks like the east side of Texas, lol! :) 

From the kitchen... Apple heads are drying in the oven (so the cats don't try to eat them!) need to turn it back on tomorrow. The canned goods from save a lot have been put away. There are a few dishes in the sink but not much since we were gone all day - they can wait until tomorrow.

I am wearing... Blue sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes.

I am creating... I have no idea....?

I am going... To head to bed as soon as this is posted...

I am reading... Your defiant teen - actually read two chapters this week. Into Step One..."Making positive 1 on 1 time a habit"...this will be extremely difficult as there are honestly NO positives 99.9% of the time! Sigh...
When the Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall
Six Hours One Friday with Sis for literature
The Black Pirate by MacBurney Gates for school

I am hoping... That things improve for Good Ole Boy at work, or that God will provide him with a better job. His job stress is through the roof right now...

I am hearing... The pump is running, the computer is whirring, cats are running around.

Around the house... All have headed to bed but me. I managed to reorganize a section of our kitchen counter...but much still needs to be done around here.

One of my favorite things... The smell of rain.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Womens comedy night at church, work, softball practice, Einstein & Sis have horse training on Saturday, church. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Another camera download discovery...
Our lilac in winter. I love sitting underneath the lilacs, it's even more special as Cheyenne is buried here, I spend many hours sitting here thinking, reading or napping from Spring through Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment