Friday, August 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's DayBook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... A nice morning, cool(er) and clear.
A beautiful start to a fun filled day.

I am thinking... I wish my headache would go away.
We have SO much to do today! 
(hmmm, probably why I have a headache!)

I am thankful...For the blessings God provides,
the surprises are amazing.
Example, this guy Good Ole Boy knows, 
just INSISTED he give him a set of Chiltons.
O.k, fine right?
Stuck inside was exactly enough money to pay a bill he'd just gotten a call on - THAT DAY - and we had no idea where the money would come from! 
Coincidence? 
I think not.
God is awesome.

From the learning rooms...Just fair work.
I have began to think about our next school year and how I can work with the schedule.
Still pondering.
I have come to the conclusion that I will be keeping Hunny in first grade.
It's such a hard thing - holding a child back.
She's such a smart one too so that is even harder.
But she's just not there yet emotionally.
She is not at the maturity level of a second grader so why rush her?

In the kitchen... Dirty dishes Sis didn't get to last night.
Coffee ready - sipping at my first cup.
No idea on whats for dinner yet - it's Old Mother Hubbard week.

I am wearing...
P.j's

I am creating... Fair wrap up lists.
What needs finished today?
What needs packed for tomorrow?
What needs washed for showmanship next week?

I am going... To slip onto the porch with my coffee and enjoy the quiet.
Told the girls they could sleep in until 9.

I am wondering...
Will we be ready for tomorrow?

I am reading... Shadowed Memories by AL Lacey


I am hoping...God provides Good Ole Boy with a better job opportunity.


I am looking forward to...
Fair Week!

I am hearing...Just the whine and whir of the puter.


Around the house...Lay fair projects in various forms of completion, messy piles here and there.
Girls all asleep and even the critters are quiet...

I am pondering...
How can we possibly reach our goals?

One of my favorite things...Watching the quiet contentment of goats chewing their cud.


A few plans for the rest of the week: hahaha.....
Today - wrap up, pack up, gear up.
Saturday - Fair entry, cat show and decorate goat pen.
Sunday - Church, decorate Jr Achievement Booth (I hope), animal entry
Monday - FAIR BEGINS!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
This was taken for Sis' Jr Achievement Booth, 
and shows many of her awards through her years as a 'regular' 4H member.


COUNTRY GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment