Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Completing Him Challenge --Catch up

Following Our Husbands Vision.

Ephesians 5:23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church."

The challenge: Support his vision. Discuss his vision for your family. Where does he see your family in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. Share with us how you let your husband lead.


Well now. This was a challenge! The most that Good Ole Boy would say was "Not broke" and "Able to pay our bills."
SO - I will share what I know he would like and what I verbally 'observed' to him about our lives in five years. 

Five years. 
2015.
So long away? NO! When I think about it I could almost cry. In five years.....
Einstein will be 19 and a Senior in High School.  
Sis will be 18, graduated and most likely attending the local Beauty College.
Bug will be 15 and a Sophomore.
Hunny will be 10 and in Sixth grade. 
I anticipate the older two will still live at home. 
Time goes fast doesn't it?!


In five years, I hope that we are IN the country! 
We will have a bunny barn and raise rabbits for meat and show. 
We will have dairy and probably meat goats for meat and show.
We will have chickens/ducks for eggs and meat.
  We will have a garden and be able to produce much of our own food. 
I will be homeschooling the younger girls and we will be involved in the community in a variety of ways. 
I will have a daycare and be watching 6-12 kids in my home. 
My daycare will help us with his dream of not being broke and being able to pay our bills. :) 
 Good Ole Boy will have a garage where he can work on BIG trucks and customize vehicles. 
He will be able to buy wrecks and 'flip' them for fun. 
He will be able to go to mud runs and fun guy/truck events periodically.
He will be able to go to Colorado for a hunting trip.


See, Good Ole Boy doesn't share alot of his dreams. Whenever I ask about his dreams and goals I get answers like today. But he does repeatedly speak of these few things. Trucks, cars, motorcycles, and hunting. I KNOW he wants to own his own shop. I KNOW he wants to go places and do things. 
He also talks of supporting my dreams.


How do I let him lead? By looking to him for advice and guidance. By bouncing ideas off him. By agreeing even if it doesn't seem feasible. By praying continuously. By being supportive and encouraging even if it seems hopeless to me. 
 Even though Good Ole Boys vision for our family may be a partial mystery to me, I will follow him. I will support him. 
I just wish that time would slow down and that five years won't come so quickly.....




                      http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/07/following-your-husbands-vision.html

No comments:

Post a Comment