Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... There are a few cars driving by, otherwise quiet.

I am thinking... That I am extremely agitated! My week is not going as I had planned and it's really getting to me. 

I am thankful for... Summertime.

From the learning rooms...This is the beginning of our new school year. We are finishing up Hunny's chapter from before break about the solar system in Interlock, and starting Weaver vol. 5, ch. 4 which is also about the solar system. :) It's theme is actually "Creation worships the Creator". Neat how they overlap topics. Most other subjects are continued from before break, although we are starting Latin which is brand new to us.

From the kitchen... I smell chicken! I made chicken patties for lunch for Good Ole Boy and myself. There is burger in the sink thawing for dinner.

I am wearing... White tank top, silver hoop earrings & black shorts and socks. Comfy's for right now, but earlier we had to take Einstein to register for school and I looked MUCH better with a nice greenish print shirt (looks great with my hoops) and blue jean capris & tennis shoes. I will put that back on when Good Ole Boy and I go meet a few friends later on. 

I am creating... Lesson plans and school schedule. 

I am going... To learn Latin with the kids! 

I am reading... Haven't had time to pick it up yet - Breaking Dawn

I am hoping... That we can find a house in the country. Every one we've liked has had a bid on it or was closing. Very frustrating!

I am hearing... The fan, Hunny's sucking her thumb and Bug is doing something in the schoolroom.

Around the house... Quiet - for now. Good Ole Boy and Einstein have taken the burning barrels out to dump and Sis is in her room.

One of my favorite things... Going to the beach. Had a lovely day Sunday afternoon and the lake with friends. Just love it there, so beautiful and love the smell of the water.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, work and Ranch.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment