Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Completing Him Challenge --Catch up

This weeks challenge
 Make your husband a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!

Wow. As I've said before cooking is NOT my favorite thing. As His Helpmeet however it is my responsibility to provide meals for my family. I do get very tired of slaving in the kitchen for an "it was okay" response. Sigh. He would be perfectly happy with steaks every night but our food budget just doesn't allow for that! :) But I CAN and SHOULD strive for at least a 'make him happy' meal more often than I do. 

Last night was a his request meal. I made steak strips, corn on the cob (from a LOCAL farmer!) and cheesy mashed potatoes. He also requested Pepsi Throwback as his drink. 

I did ask him WHAT he would list as his favorites and was surprised by his answers. 

Hunny, what is your favorite meal?
Pizza.
What?! Really? Homemade, store bought or ordered? (I KNOW he likes pizza - EVERYBODY loves pizza - but I didn't think it was a favorite!)
Any pizza, I like pizza.
Wow. Ok, I will be buying pizza makings tomorrow and planning on pizza Friday night.

So hunny, what is your favorite dessert?
     A candybar.
Huh? Really? What kind of candybar?
Just a candybar, doesn't matter.
Wow. Ok, I know he likes candybars - he is ALWAYS bringing them home and often gets me one because he is thoughtful that way. (Yes, I know. I don't NEED candybars! LOL. I often put them up for the chocolate cravings I get monthly.) I never would have thought they were his favorite dessert! Guess I'll be picking up a few of them too.

So what is your favorite drink?
Mt. Dew
I might have guessed this one as he drinks alot of Mt.Dew and Pepsi.

So now I have a portion of my shopping list down and a meal planned for Friday night. 
Why is it important to plan pleasing meals for him? 
Well he IS the head of the house. He works HARD for our family. It's so easy to OVERLOOK his tummy in order to make the kids happy. But those are ALL wrong reasons! (Now granted for our family, the end of our budget month is tight and I make what we have available.)
But since I LOVE him, and he is SPECIAL, I need to SHOW him how much he means to us. Didn't mama always say 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach'? :)
    Next week is fair and meals will be fixed according to what I can throw in the crockpot or otherwise fast and easy. Not to timely for fixing special things for him. So while I can't focus on a week of meals, my goal for the rest of the MONTH is to think of his tummy more and try to plan HUSBAND PLEASING meals on a more frequent basis. 
After all, HE DESERVES IT! 
  Keep him satisfied. What foods does your man enjoy?

 http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/06/completing-him-challenge-begins-today.html

No comments:

Post a Comment