Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is cool, but can feel that it will be another hot day. There is a gentle breeze rustling the leaves.

I am thinking... About the Primary elections today. I hope many will go out and vote and that the library millage passes to keep our local branches available to us! 

I am thankful for... My husband who works so hard for our family. I appreciate him so much.

From the learning rooms... We are off school for a few weeks, wrapping up fair projects so there is LOTS of writing going on in our house doing all their record sheets. 

From the kitchen... All is quiet. 

I am wearing... A light blue t-shirt that says "The world needs more hugs", jean shorts & tennis shoes

I am creating... Our fall calendar and working on lesson plans.

I am going... To try and be more organized this year. I will be devoting even more time to school since Sis will be a freshman and I need to keep on track of her credits and all. It does mean that I will be stepping down from my position as Girl Scout leader after eight years.
I am reading... A Fragile Design by Tracie Peterson & Judith Miller.

I am hoping... That Hunny & Bug are able to complete their fair lists today and then relax for a few days.

I am hearing... Bug is playing the wii, so there are star wars noises and shaking of the controllers.

Around the house... It is quiet. The older ones are still asleep, Hunny is just stirring on the couch (not sure when she ended up there!) 

One of my favorite things... The smell of the water and the sound of it lapping against the shore with a gentle breeze against my face. I do miss the lakes.

A few plans for the rest of the week: FAIR, FAIR, FAIR! Karate, last minute trips to the store, work, setting up the small animal barn, entering the still exhibits. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Chip & Bug after his hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment