Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is very white, very cold, but the sun is peeking through the trees.

I am thinking...I'm cold and want to have a nice LONG hot shower! :)

I am thankful for... 4 wheel drive. 
I *HATE* icy roads. They scare me. 4 wheel drive makes me feel just a smidge safer.

From the learning rooms... Well, Einstein had a snow day yesterday and again today. Hunny is learning about people in Interlock. The girls are working on growth and development, this is actually a fun chapter! Sis and I started reading 'Mere Christianity' in literature. 

From the kitchen... Coffee and the radio is playing..."adios and via con dios...."

I am wearing... P.j's, slippers, robe and covered with a fleece blanket! 

I am creating... Christmas gifts.

I am going... To accomplish much today! (I certainly hope!) 

I am reading... Will finish 'Paper Roses' today, by Amanda Cabot

I am hoping... That the income comes in to finish our Christmas shopping for the kids. That the roads clear since I have to drive to town tomorrow. For 80' weather......LOL! 

I am hearing... The pump. Sigh. The radio. Pearle whining. Hunny almost snoring (she crashed on the loveseat last night), Bug just coming down stairs making flying noises with Buzz Lightyear. The furnace.

Around the house...Not much moving yet. Kittens are curled up with Mystic, tree is lit. 

One of my favorite things... Chocolate. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, bell choir, Christmas program rehearsal, youth group, work, take Einstein back to University for follow up from his last surgery. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Taken Sunday, mid-way through our storm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment