Monday, December 13, 2010

Peace on Earth Challenge

Are you rested or frantic?
lol. Hmmm... it's hard to rest. I'm a mom. I have four kids, a husband, house keeping, critters, school, work, mental health appointments, doctor appointments, 4H, church, youth group, bell choir....we only have one vehicle right now so if I need it I have to take Good Ole Boy to and from work. Add to that Christmas activities - program rehearsal, shopping, making presents, baking, etc. 
So while I don't feel frantic every day, neither do I feel rested daily. 
Courtney's challenge this week is a nice one! 

This week's challenge: Pull out your calendar and SCHEDULE a night where you will go to bed very very early. Take your Bible with you to bed and read in bed for at least 5 minutes. Read in Isaiah 7:14, Micah 5:2, Jeremiah 23:5, and Isaiah 53. These are prophecies that were fulfilled by the birth and life of Jesus. Get extra blankets for a warm nights rest, pray God gives you deep rest and that no one wakes you. Then turn out the lights and sleep. I pray that when you wake, you face the new day of Christmas stress with extra strength and vigor.



No comments:

Post a Comment