Monday, October 4, 2010

Making your Home a Haven Challenge

It is week 1 of the Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge. 

Here is this week's challenge: Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. 
Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.


Courtney has a great post on this. What kind of home are you making?  Are you distracted & distant or making a haven in your home? She goes on with lists. Unfortunately, I do have alot of list one going on. 
We are working on the LOVING spoke of our WHEEL OF PEACE. This is a big deal to me. I WANT my home to be a haven. I WANT it to be peaceful. 
I am catching my kids ALOT this week speaking in an unloving tone or acting in an unloving way....but I'm also catching myself too. 

I didn't have to go BUY a candle for this weeks challenge. I have lots of them around! And it's even lit. In fact, I have one in the living room & one in the kitchen right now. The challenge will be - to actually STOP and Pray each & every time I catch a glimmer of that flame. 




1 comment:

  1. I am participating in this challenge too. I love your blog header, it is so pretty. I'm a homeschooling mama too!

    ReplyDelete