Monday, October 18, 2010

Making your Home a Haven Challenge

So we started with a candle and praying for peace. That has continued to go well. 

Last week we added music and using peaceful words. The music was easy. 
The peaceful words....not so much! 
But we have done it. :) It definitely got easier as the week went on and I am very happy that I was able to stay calm in situations when Einstein tried to fight; even when he was screaming & swinging fists, I was able to keep my cool. Thank you so much for praying for me! We even worked on adding our second spoke to the Wheel Of Peace - kind, calm & quiet. I thought it fit in very well with the goal of using peaceful words.

This week's challenge: 
Cleaning up clutter! 
Also a two-part challenge.

1. Pick an area of your home where clutter collects and put something there to contain it.
 Courtney asks us to look around and see which spots in our home visually stress us and to put something there to collect the clutter. Ummmm.... That would be the WHOLE HOUSE!! :S 
But this is something we are working on - kinda? 
We have been purging alot. Since we are hopeful that we can sell this house and move we have been going through and getting rid of. It's amazing how much we have taken to Goodwill & Salvation Army! I am motivated to have it look decent should someone be interested in seeing the house. It has been difficult living here. So much has yet to be finished and there isn't places for everything and it does honestly STRESS me out! Good Ole Boy doesn't seem to realize how anxious some things make me feel. But I am at a loss as how to 'fix' that. This has helped in that I *know* I am doing something. As to the specifics in the challenge.... I'm not sure what I'll be doing there. The stair clutter bothers me - and it's dangerous! But we got stair baskets for the girls thinking that would help. Load your things in the basket during the day, take it up at night and bring down in the morning....but they don't do it. So there is unsightly and dangerous clutter constantly on the stairs. Coffee table clutter drives me nuts! But that is mostly Hunny's toys and books that she brings out during the day.  Furniture clutter the same. It drives me nuts to not have a place to sit! But it's loaded with blankets (it's getting cold) and again, Hunny's stuff. I have been working with her on cleaning it up. My dining room table is loaded - with more things to take to Goodwill. I guess maybe I'll work on something for Good Ole Boy's uniforms this week! That might be a good place to start. He has to take them in weekly for cleaning but they are yucky with grease and oil on them so he throws them on the floor. It does bother me that they get strewn everywhere so maybe I can locate a laundry basket for them. Hmmmm....? We'll see what I can come up with this week for this part of the challenge. 
 
2. Now on to the spiritual part -  
   what sin have I not confessed? 
Practice repentance daily - free yourself of spiritual clutter.
I John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
  
I think we ALL have something to work on here. We are sinners by nature. None of us are perfect.
I will be looking at myself daily here.
 
http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/10/cleaning-up-clutter-challenge.html



No comments:

Post a Comment