Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY



Outside my window... It is cold, rainy and the wind is starting to pick back up. We had quite a storm last night, with snow, hail, rain, thunder & lightening and wind. What happened to Spring?!


I am thinking...We need to move, lol! :)

I am thankful for...Not losing power last night like I thought we would. A roof over our heads. Warm blankets to cover our bed. Loved ones to snuggle with.

From the learning rooms...We are in Weaver Vol. 5, chapter 7: The Master Storyteller.
We are reading about Florence Nightingale right now. It's pretty interesting. I mean, EVERYBODY knows who she was, but I never really knew about what she did, She was a very determined lady!
We watched The Hiding Place the end of last week. Wow. I can't imagine being as strong as Corrie Ten Boom was in all she endured.
Our last Bible lesson was on the salt covenant. We had a pretty good discussion on that. Very thought provoking.

From the kitchen...Coffee is ready. So nice on a dreary morning. :) About ready for my second cup. I'm thinking of some sort of soup for dinner. Something nice and hot to warm our insides.

I am wearing... P.j's, robe and slippers - which now have holes in both toes ... winter needs to go away! :)

I am creating...Well, I know last week I said I'd be shelving my family history....but I haven't. So still working on that and creating a new - updated - copy of what my Aunt has provided me. What she had compiled is old - I was still in high school - old. So there are alot of deaths not recorded and of course marriages and babies...so I am putsing on that in my "spare" time. lol.

I am going...To work on lots of laundry today and hopefully tackle our room. It's amazing how quickly our room deteriorates! But clothes need put away and the floor needs vacummed and nightstands need unburied....lol.

I am reading...Your Defiant Teen
Glorious Appearing
Florence Nightingale
The Wedding Dress with Sis for Lit.

I am hoping...That God opens doors for Good Ole Boy and a decent job.

I am hearing...The wind and the computer.

Around the house...Girls are all asleep, crashed in the living room due to the storm. Critters are all quiet so must be snuggling down with the girls. :)

One of my favorite things...How my husbands voice on the phone makes me feel all warm inside.

A few plans for the rest of the week:School, maybe youth group for Sis, work, track meet and practice, parent teacher conference for Einstein of we can make it, Good Friday Service, Easter celebration.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Will summer ever come?
 http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment