Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... The sun is shining. It's about 45' and very wet from the storm we had Sunday night.
I am thinking...I'm utterly exhausted. Physically, emotionally and mentally whipped. I hurt.
I really just want to crawl into bed and snuggle with Good Ole Boy and a movie - preferably a comedy.
(Today I had my second CT Scan. It was really rough. Four pokes. Three IV's. Four nurses attempting to get it going. Saline and Iodine spewed all over my new shirt and through my hair. HUGE bruises all over my arms. Not a pleasant experience)

I am thankful for... My family.

From the learning rooms...We are coming back from break (but haven't gotten started yet).
We will be starting Weaver vol. 5, chapter 7 - The Master Storyteller.
  From the kitchen... I'm working on dinner, bacon, eggs & toast. 

I am wearing... A pink camo International Harvester ball cap and black long sleeve t-shirt hoodie (both gifts from Good Ole Boy), pj pants and socks.

I am creating... Lots of laundry by going through all those boxes that have been in Hunny's room! lol.

I am going...

I am reading... Your Defiant Teen - still working on step 1.
Glorious Appearing by Tim LaHaye
The Chimney Sweep's Ransom by Dave & Neta Jackson will be started tomorrow for school.
Six Hours One Friday with Sis for lit.

I am hoping... God provides a better job for Good Ole Boy.

I am hearing...Bug's new baby goat crying. 

Around the house... Otherwise quiet. Been working in Hunny's room and have most of it emptied out. Yay! lol. Our donate pile has grown considerably as has our garbage pile.
Anxious to get that complete so we can rip out her walls.
I also have scrubbed the shelves on the right side of the kitchen sink and cleaned about half of that counter.

One of my favorite things... Laughing with my family.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, maybe youth group for Sis?, work, maybe softball for Bug? (have to double check on that since the school they practice at is on Spring Break), Fireproof group, track practice for Sis, 4H fun shoot, church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
So loving the birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment