Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It's morning. It's sprinkling and about 40'.
 
I am thinking...Of family history. I did alot with geneaology back in high school and collage, but after the kids came....not much. 
This week ancestry.com has had free civil war record access and I admit I've become slightly obsessive in searching. 
I have gotten a few more generations back on my dads side though so that has been great! 
This morning I found record of Gen. Robert E. Lee having been to the home of  a William ----, but there are SO many Williams I don't know if that is my branch or not. :) 
So much to think and decipher there. 
Probably about time to shelve that again for awhile...

I am thankful for...Finally finding a pair of tennis shoes to fit my super wide feet! 
Wow that was a rough search this year....

From the learning rooms...We are in Weaver vol. 5, Chapter 7, The Master Storyteller. 
This chapter we are learning about great people of the faith. 
We discussed Joni a bit as we had read her story not long ago. 
We read some about John Wesley. 
We watched China Cry (wow). 
Today we will start a book on Florence Nightingale and will watch The Hiding Place today or tomorrow. 
Lots of discussion about persecution over Christian beliefs. 
Yesterday we took a day off regular studies and went to a museum that had a dinosaur exhibit. (pictures of that later) 

From the kitchen...Heating yesterdays coffee. 
Happy that all of the kitchen counter has been tackled! 
It's all clean and hot spot fires have been doused. Whoop! :) 
Now to keep it that way..... Still have some walls and ceiling areas to clean though. 
Thinking of dinner...not sure yet.

I am wearing...P.j's, robe & slippers. Shower is next on the agenda. 

I am creating...Still working on the tons of laundry created. 
Still working in Hunny's room. 
Down to a row of boxes along one wall so sure I will create MORE laundry, garbage and donations from there.
 
I am going...To be thinking of the garden soon.

I am reading...Your Defiant Teen - ummmm.... yeah....
Glorious Appearing 
Florence Nightingale by David R. Collins

I am hoping...Things will work out on Bug's new softball team. 
She is upset that she was made to change teams and is now with a girl she has had problems with in the past. 
Tuesday was that teams first practice and that girl started in immediately. :( 
She was sobbing afterwords and doesn't even want to play anymore. She loves ball so I hope that the coach can work things out for a tolerable year.
 
I am hearing...The whirr of the computer.

Around the house...Girls are still sleeping after our busy and long day yesterday. 
The house is in decent shape although the kitchen table has collected things, AGAIN! 
Laundry is the big thing for today.

One of my favorite things...Seafood burrito (minus mushrooms) from La Senoritas. 
Mmmmm that sounds good! lol.
It's been a LONG time since I've had one of those.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, school, Fireproof group, Bug has softball practice, Sis has track practice, Church, 4H.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment