Friday, September 23, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook






FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It's dark, and cold.

I am thinking... I'm tired and need to go to bed.
But I feel badly that I haven't been on here all week!

I am thankful...That I have great parents.

From the learning rooms...We are having fun. 
Learning about stewardship in Weaver which includes botany and money management.
We are reviewing Latin, and having a great time with chemistry.

In the kitchen... Not much right now except for those nasty flies.
I made a great dinner (IMHO!) of pork steak, butternut squash, mashed neeps and potatoes, and turnip greens. MMMM wonderful. 
I also started a baggie of pork bones that I stuck in the freezer until I get enough to try and make broth.

I am wearing... Red CCCB t, blk sweatpants and socks.

I am creating... I am ATTEMPTING to print off student ID cards from the Homeschool Buyers Coop.
Sis is planning on going to Homecoming with a girlfriend and I think she needs a student ID.
It doesn't want to load her picture onto the ID card!
I was successful in making one for myself and Bug, but no luck so far in Hunny or Sis.

I am going... To learn how to sew!

I am wondering...What to do about these nasty flies?! 
Anyone else dealing with them? 
I'm not having success getting rid of them but I do NOT want to resort to chemicals.

I am reading... Angel of the Outback.
Little House in the Big Woods in school.
The Wedding Dress in literature with Sis.

I am hoping... That God provides Good Ole Boy with a better job.

I am looking forward to... The Civil War Ball!

I am hearing... Good Ole Boy snoring on the couch, and Family Ties is playing on Netflix.

Around the house...Cleaned the goat pen yesterday, got it scraped down to the cement for the last time before snow.

I am pondering... Next weeks menu as I will be going shopping tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...The smell of a campfire.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Bug goes hunting this weekend for the first time!, groceries, church, soccer games, work, and school.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


COUNTRY GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment