Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is hot. 
It's 72' and 8 a.m. - it's going to be a humid day! 
But the sun is shinning and the birds are chirping, thankful for another day.

I am thinking... I need Sis to trim my hair.


I am thankful for... Summertime. 
As much as I dislike the humidity, I dislike the cold and snow even more! 
I am thankful summer has arrived and we can enjoy the beauty outside.

From the learning rooms... Weaver Vol. 5, Chapter 8 - Parables of Jesus
We've had lots of interruptions lately, but we are plugging along trying to finish this chapter, hopefully within the next week...

From the kitchen... Coffee. 
Like I *need* an excuse - I need coffee grounds for my garden so must make coffee daily! lol :)
Haven't decided what's for dinner yet, last night we took the easy route and had hot dogs and fries.
I really like the Oscar Myer premium dogs.
Taste good and much better than regular hot dogs.

I am wearing... P.j's

I am creating... Working in the garden.
Got it about half weeded out - and looks like I have a potato growing from last year! 
Discovered we are going to have an ant problem this year! :(
Should have known - we'd scrubbed out some bunny cages awhile back and left them out to dry - when I went out to get the tray there was a MOUND under the tray, ugh.
So yesterday I was working and moved the railroad tie and wowzer! BIG ant nest. Ick! 
Covered that spot with coffee grounds, hope it works.
Need to finish weeding, get it tilled up and planted this week. 
(wish me luck!)

I am going... To enjoy a cool shower this morning!
Then get ready for a busy day.

I am reading... Your Defiant Teen - maybe I should just take it off my list?
Beloved Enemy
The Wedding Dress - Lit with Sis
From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - school reading

I am hoping... That God provides a better job for Good Ole Boy. 

I am hearing... Little House on the Prairie, Season 3.
Hunny wanted to watch the episode where Carrie falls in the mine shaft first thing this morning.

Around the house... Girls are all up now.
Pretty quiet though, even the critters are calm.

One of my favorite things... Lilacs

A few plans for the rest of the week: Taking Sis to drop off a few resumes, Karate, Softball, School, Ranch, 4H Shooting Sports, Sis's birthday, Church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 
COUNTRY GIRL

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful background on your blog! This looks very much like the Ozark mountains here in Missouri! Awesome! Your weather sounds very similar to ours. I am with you on the coffee excuses...who needs them!?! Enjoyed my visit here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monica! I'm glad you stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete