Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is kinda dreary.
54' and misting.

I am thinking... Why do I have a headache?
I don't have a stiff neck, but my neck and the base/back of my head really hurt!

I am thankful for... My husband who works SO hard for us at a job that isn't the best place to be.
But he goes daily and does his best.
He ROCKS!

From the learning rooms... We have started Weaver Vol.5, Chapter 8 - The Parables of Jesus.
This should be a really fun chapter! :)
The girls are thinking about what kind of ecosystem they want to 'make' and we had a great time Monday talking about roots.
Bug pulled up a dandelion root that was well over a foot long!
Wow!
We had a really good discussion about the different types of roots and they had fun pulling some stuff up in the yard.
Well, except for Sis who looked at us like we were nuts.
The joys of being a teen...lol.

From the kitchen... Coffee. Good Ole Boy bought me a new coffeepot after last weeks fiasco!
I didn't want him to spend the money, but he found a nice one for $14 that has a timer and all.
It IS nice to wake up to coffee that is ready for me!
Einstein didn't get dishes done last night since we had an away softball game, so someone will have to do them up this morning.
Ugh. I HATE waking up to dirty dishes!
FlyLady is getting to me! lol. :)

I am wearing... My robe.
I really want a 'summer' robe.
I can picture what I want but haven't been able to find one.
This one is fleece.
GREAT for our fridgid winters - not so much for our humid summers (IF it ever comes!)
I want something silky and kinda like a kimono.
Any ideas?

I am creating... I really don't like this question!
I never know what to say....
I've been working in the yard alot lately - well, when it ISN'T raining!
Setting out my yard stuff and working in the flower beds, etc.
I would like a yard that is peaceful and enjoyable...
but most of the time I think it looks like a junk yard or flea market! Sigh...

I am going... To get on the wii today.
Well, I HOPE to!
It's been about a week since I've had the chance.
Now how can I loose weight and get in better shape when I don't have time to work on it?

I am reading... Your Defiant Teen.
While I haven't READ anymore in this, I have been THINKING about it.
You know how I've been stuck on step one - the praise step?
Well, I found this helpful -

              It may seem silly that I have struggled with finding the positive,
but honestly, if you don't live with RAD,
you have NO idea!

My Beloved Enemy
Corrie ten Boom - will finish this week in school
The Wedding Dress - in Lit with Sis

I am hoping... That God provides a better job for Good Ole Boy,
and that HE meets all of our financial needs, which currently are many!

I am hearing... Prince Aidan purr and meow everytime I try to shift him.
He is sitting on me and not the easiest cat to type around!
The radio is on in the kitchen.

Around the house... Bug just woke up but the others are sleeping.
Lots of tidying needs done from being gone most of the day yesterday and just coming in and dropping stuff to take off for another activity and coming home exhausted, dropping that stuff and going to bed.

One of my favorite things... The smell of rain on a warm day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Track, Youth for Sis, Work, Softball, Church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...





Country Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment