Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... It's a nice evening; warm but calm. Neighborhood hounds are baying...probably because Einstein was out walking Dixie Belle. 

I am thinking... That I can't believe I almost forgot this today! Oops, those long weekends mess me up. 

I am thankful for... My group of Weaver Moms. They are very special to me. 

From the learning rooms... Even though public schools may be winding down, we are gearing up for summer learning. We haven't taken summers off in years and don't plan on starting now. Hunny is still learning about trees and working on her reading lessons. Bug & Sis are still working on Ancient Rome. We should be wrapping that up this week I hope. :) Sis has sttarted her new math program SOS (switched on Schoolhouse). It has been frustrating to learn the ropes of this but I think it'll be a fun way to do math once we get it down pat! Einstein will also be doing SOS over the summer since he has struggled so much with math.

From the kitchen... Not much right now. Einstein did some of his chores before the ball game and was just out there straightening up so I **hope** that the kitchen is acceptable in appearance! :) 

I am wearing... Jean shorts, a GS cookie t-shirt & tennis shoes. 

I am creating... Report cards as our 3rd marking period ended recently. I got the garden planted over the weekend - with the exception of the potatoes we want to try. I am attempting to create a healthier me by working out with the wii. :) 

I am going... To be doing said exercises on the wii here shortly! (once kids are herded off to bed)

I am reading... Nothing. I gave up on Pride & Prejudice, sigh. Twilight is next on my list and since it belongs to Sis it's sitting right here staring at me, lol. I've read parts of the Encyclopedia for Country Living this week pertaining to the garden, and read bits of Sis's literature program for next year - Learning to Love Literature. 

I am hoping... Get re-organized and re-focused.

I am hearing... Hunny getting ready for bed, Sis stalling with a movie (waiting for Bug to get back from taking care of Chip), dogs pacing with nails clicking on the floor. 

Around the house... Fans are running with the heat, kids are delaying bedtime. 

One of my favorite things... After the kids go to bed, having some quiet time with Good Ole Boy! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, ball, 4H.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Sis & Bug taking part in the Flag Ceremony during GS Spring Ceremony. 
I feel it's fitting with yesterday being Memorial Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment