Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is beautiful but slightly cool today. I hear dogs barking somewhere and birds chirping just off the porch.

I am thinking... How quickly time flies by! I can't believe its the end of June already! :( Summer is my absolute favorite season and I wish it was much much MUCH longer!

I am thankful for... My family, I am truly blessed! 

From the learning rooms... We are back at it after a week off for VBS and GS daycamp. It's nice to be home this week, lol. :) Hunny is learning about day 4 of Creation. Specifically, we are learning about how the sun influences time and seasons. We started with summer (yeah! and it fits so nicely lol) and she made paper dolls yesterday with summer clothes / items. She was enthralled with these dolls! Totally shocked - in a good way of course. She spent HOURS playing with them yesterday and already today. we didn't get her lessons done yesterday so finished today and she is anxious for more clothes. ;) The other girls are learning about reproduction - much to Sis's embarrassment. Of course, individual learning is still ongoing with Hebrew for Sis and math, spelling & reading for all. Last night we finally finished "Drive thru history - Rome if you want to" and it was wonderful to hear them comment on things that we had discussed during school and learn things that we hadn't touched on. 

From the kitchen... Not much. Venison burger is thawing for dinner tonight. 

I am wearing... Purple shorts & a tie died tank top. Probably should have worn warmer clothes but.... it's summer! 

I am creating...  A more organized home. I've been FLYing fairly well these past few weeks and while you probably can't see much - I can and it feels great! 

I am going... To work harder at being Good Ole Boys ideal helpmeet. 

I am reading... New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. Twilight was amazing. I know there is some disagreement as to the content amongst Christian readers, but I thought it was very good and thought provoking. I finished Blessing in Disguise by Lauraine Snelling in one day (Excellent read!) so onto New Moon.

I am hoping... That my wii fit playing will be paying off soon. Sigh. At the end of month one I hadn't lost any weight although I felt better. Since I feel the difference I hope to start seeing some results soon.

I am hearing... The girls arguing. Hmmm... I guess individual work is done? They are playing mancala and having a disagreement as to rules and each others playing techniques.

Around the house... The windchimes on the front porch are clinking in the breeze, the washer is spinning out and the fans are making their noises.

One of my favorite things... Quiet time reading. which having four kids doesn't happen often, lol. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: We have a small animal clinic tonight - these help prepare the kids for showmanship at the fair, School, goat care, work.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 My family taken June 2010 for our homeschool groups yearbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment