Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is a beautiful evening. A few vehicles are driving by but otherwise all I hear is the occasional bird chirp.

I am thinking...That I NEED to do this blog entry today! I missed last week, and have even had ideas for "regular" entries but no time in which to sit down and write. :( 

I am thankful for...Being able to homeschool my kids! I would be absolutely lost without them! (as is being really reinforced this week!)

From the learning rooms...This is a break week. Well, a break from school, BBBUUUTTTT a crazy week nonetheless! LOL! We are getting up early, leaving before 8 am. UGH! Going to the ranch to take care of Chippers. Except for yesterday (they are closed on Monday) Einstein will then stay there to volunteer. We get to town and I take the two little to VBS. AWESOME program! Wow! Sis & I then hang out a bit - our routine is to take bags to Goodwill/Salvation Army & then hang out at the park and read until 11:30. Then it's make her lunch and get her dropped off. She is a PA (program aide) for daycamp.  Then I'm off to pick up the littles from VBS. We go to the park and have lunch. By 1 Bug heads off to daycamp. Then it's just Hunny and I until Thursday when she gets to stay. When Hunny and I get home it's a whatever day. Yesterday we visited with a dear friend and today we were outside. I weeded part of the garden whilst she played in the hose/wading pool. Einstein gets picked up at 5 and I feed Chip. We come home he does chores & assignments, eats and heads to bed. Good Ole Boy picks the girls up after work and they get home about 9, do buns, repack their bags for tomorrow and head to bed themselves. Hmmmm.....I think school is more relaxing lol! :D 

From the kitchen...Dinner was leftovers from last night. I hate cooking for just a few of us! Dishes weren't done as we ran out of dishsoap. Oops! 

I am wearing...A black tank top & maroon shorts.

I am going... To play my wii fit, shower and head to bed shortly. I am so NOT a morning person! 

I am reading... Twilight. Enjoying it thus far. 

I am hoping...To truly start to F.L.Y. soon! 

I am hearing...Nothing but the fans....it's great! But weird. I miss my kids, lol! 

Around the house...I've been trying to bless our bedroom each day. Have been working on getting Hunny's clothes pile taken care of (her dresser is still in our closet which takes alot of our space.) and hanging some of our things. We've taken 6 bags plus misc items to GW/SA so far and there are 3 more loaded for tomorrow and I hope to have more for both Thursday & Friday to drop off. It feels SO good to get rid of some things! 

One of my favorite things...Hearing Hunny singing in the shower this evening about the Armor of God. So amazing to hear her little sing song voice singing out like that. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Well, I guess I already shared some of that. : )Day Camp will have a program at the end of camp Thursday night, and then VBS will have a Renaissance Fair at the end of the week as well.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 Here is Sis on her birthday. It was windy and the candles wouldn't stay lit so Good Ole Boy uses the firestarter, lol. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment