Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is GORGEOUS! The sun is shining and a gentle breeze is blowing. 

I am thinking... That everyone needs to get busy! :) 

I am thankful for... Good Ole Boy being home today.

From the learning rooms... Good Ole Boy is getting ready to take Bug down to care for her goat. She has been studying goat body parts already this morning and working on her project record sheet for fair. Our current Bible studies are studying prophecies. Today in Weaver we will be learning about The Roman Empire compared with Rome today. The influence of the Roman language (Latin) and how it influenced many other languages. (Very good "intro" as we will be adding Latin to our studies come fall!)  They will also have some writing assignments from Wisdom Words - mostly sentence structure right now although Bug is also working on parts of speech. Hunny is still learning about grasses in Interlock and is doing some reading & writing. It's wonderful to see her read! Sis wants to work with her so I just pulled out "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" for them.  Good Ole Boy and Sis plan on getting another autoshop lesson in this afternoon, they are both so excited about this project of theirs. 

From the kitchen... I have my Calm Seas candle burning - smells so good. 

I am wearing... Black jeans, brown striped tank and tennis shoes. 

I am creating... wonderful memories of my family. 

I am going... To enjoy every moment today as the years are speeding by to quickly. 

I am reading... Daughter of the Loom by Tracie Peterson & Judith Miller 
(yes, Pride & Prejudice is still awaiting...)

I am hoping... For wonderful attitudes today from all around. 

I am hearing... Birds outside, Hunny matching cards and Sis is working on math.

Around the house... As always there is much to do. Sigh. Laundry will be the first thing tackled and then trying to tidy the table as school has been happening there lately and so it's loaded with books, papers and the globe. The Internet people will hopefully be here this afternoon so need to TRY and keep the house presentable today! :)

One of my favorite things... The lilac bouquet Bug & Sis brought me last night.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Einstein is in the Regional Spelling Bee tomorrow night, 4H activities and softball. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 Bugs goat Chippers.


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment