Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is dreary! Rainy and cold. 

I am thinking... About how blessed I am to be a mom. Had a great Mother's Day with my husband and kids. 

I am thankful for...A roof over my head and food on my table. 

From the learning rooms...There is much going on. Hunny is learning about bushes & seed bearing plants in Interlock. She is doing marvelous in her reading lessons! She is such a smart cookie and always full of questions, many of them very deep and often on a scientific angle. Future scientist? The other girls are still working on Government and Ancient Rome in Weaver. Sis has been logging some hours in autoshop but is bummed that the rain will cancel today's class. Einstein competed as an alternate in the regional spelling bee on Wednesday. He did very well and placed third in the alternate round. 

From the kitchen... Smells of the steak & eggs Good Ole Boy made for us. Have chicken out for tonight's dinner. No softball tonight since most of the team is involved in a play so we can have a nice dinner. 

I am wearing... Black jeans & blue teddy bear sweatshirt & tennis shoes

I am creating... A learning lifestyle in my children. At least I hope that I am! Learning doesn't take place only within four walls, nor does it ever cease. I hope to instill in my children a love for learning and a desire to seek out knowledge and wisdom in a variety of ways/places. 

I am going... to become more organized one of these days...

I am reading... Daughter Of The Loom by Tracie Peterson & Judith Miller

I am hoping... To be able to order more curriculum soon as Sis has finished her math books. 

I am hearing... Narnia playing in the background.

Around the house...It is quiet. I overslept this morning and with the dreary day and rain everyone is low key so far today.

One of my favorite things... The smell of lilacs that the girls have been bringing me.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Goat care, t-ball practice starts tomorrow, softball, stained glass class, Sis has training for working at day camp.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment