Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven Challenge Week 2

My peppermint swirl candle has been flickering on the stove.
Love love love the pepperminty aroma! 
I've been praying as often as I remember for peace.
Have you been following Courtney?
I am looking back at week two. 


This week’s challenge:
Play soft music everyday in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that the family enjoys. I’ll be playing Christmas music! Focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. Work on gentleness this week.

Well this first part is pretty easy! 
We have been playing Christmas music the past week! 
Sis pulls up youtube on the wii and has a Christmas playlist that we have been using almost all day, every day! 
I love Christmas music, even singing about snow is fun (regardless of how I feel about real snow, fake snow in songs just goes with the season!).
The second part however.....
It's SO SO SO difficult to use peaceful words when you live with a constant tormenter!
Sarcasm, Defiance, Nit picking, Arguing, Insults, etc.
It's constant. Its annoying. Its a real DOWNER. 
How do you stay happy, cheerful and loving in light of this?
Like Courtney says,
I need to work on
*Guarding my tongue
*Overlooking Insults
*Using tongue to bring Healing
*Guarding my Mouth
*Being Slow to Anger
*Giving Gentle Answers
*Using Restraint

Wow. That is a tall order it seems! 


COUNTRY GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment