Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Simple Woman's DayBook





FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Its dark, windy and chilly.

I am thinking...
That summer really is over....I know it shouldn't be a surprise but its just so....depressing!

I am thankful...
For the Colonels wife for making me a wool cape for this weekend.

In the kitchen...
Good Ole Boy made pasties for dinner (yum!) and Einstein is doing dishes. We also have 100 lbs of potatoes sitting by the pantry.

I am wearing...
Long sleeve tan shirt (got yucky lettuce juice on the tan corduroy button up I was wearing over it), blue jeans, socks, tennis shoes, wristers, a blanket and my new cape. Yep, my toes and fingers are numb and I am STILL cold!

I am creating...
Lists to get done for this weekend.

I am going...
Camping! In October! In a tent! What am I thinking?!

I am wondering...
How to stay warm.

I am reading...
Jane Eyre - should be finished, just got a few chapters left
Mine is the Night (yeah, I forgot where I put this one....it was in my CW trunk)
By the Shores of Silver Lake - School
In His Steps - School
Indian in the Cupboard - Lit with Bug
Village Life in America 1852 - 1872 Including the period of the American Civil War as told in the diary of a school girl by Caroline Cowles Richards

I am hoping...
That we have beautiful weather this weekend.

I am looking forward to...
Spring?

I am learning
... About drying potatoes.

Around the house...
Deep cleaning and fall decorating. Bug has made me some really pretty autumn wreathes - so far one for the back porch and one for the chicken coop. I need to get pictures of them tomorrow.

I am pondering...
How long before Einstein realizes his behavior is serious and needs changing?

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things...
Pasties. They are just really yummy.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Baking, packing, School, Sewing, Reading and the Civil War Muster.

A peek into my day...
 Sis and Warrior Poet at a local homecoming parade.



 COUNTRY GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment