Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pumpkin Soup

In this weeks menu, I told you I was going to make a modified version of the squash soup I found at  

I'd never visited there before, 
I simply found them by a swagbuck search for soup with some ingredients I had on hand.

It was good.
Really good.
Here's what I did.
I melted some butter in a pan. 
They called for 1/4 cup but I just guessed.
(ok, I do that alot 
- probably do to laziness and not wanting to dirty another item....)
I added two tubs of pumpkin.
(These are the Hillshire Farm/Glad lunchmeat tubs.
And then a tub of diced tomatoes.

Amazingly, I DID have a can of coconut milk in the pantry.
Why, I have NO idea! lol
So that was added next.

Then I added some water and some Chicken Better than Bouillon.

I threw in some diced garlic,
and an onion.  

I often don't add salt and pepper
(well sometimes the pepper I do...)  
WHILE I'm cooking - 
I have a few here that add tons of salt before they even taste it (drives me NUTS)
so I just leave that up to the individual.

I had Good Ole Boy stop on his way home for some kielbasa
He brought home both a regular one and a cheesy one.
So we sliced that up.

It made the soup REALLY CHEESY!

We simmered it for about a half hour or so.

Then served it up with some homemade bread.

It was SO good!
And we aren't even big pumpkin lovers!

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

COUNTRY GIRL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment