Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sure is dusty round here...

PHEW! 
It sure is dusty round here! There are cobwebs everywhere! 
Seems like it's been a long time since I've stopped by.

There has been lots happening in our life, 
and I just haven't made much time for my poor ole blog. 
But here it is, a brand spanking new (and going to be a crazy busy one too!) year and that has gotten me to thinking... 


My baby girl has gotten engaged and we are busy planning a wedding! 
But even amidst that joy and tears, there is still our lives to be lived and things for us to do. 

So, what do I want to accomplish this year? 
Well after doing some thinking, I've made a list of my goals.
 I sure do hate the words 'New Years Resolutions', as they just always get broke, so I like 'Goals' much better. 

~~Goals for 2015~~

~ I need to spend more time reading the Bible. 
This is an area where I have always struggled. 
I LOVE our Bible time in school and I love learning with the kids. 
I really enjoy learning at church. 
It's my personal, private time that I struggle with. 
Finding the time, or often just the ALERTNESS, or of knowing where and what to read, etc. have been what I struggle with.
I'd love to hear your tips or suggestions! 

~I need to work on getting myself fit.
I've struggled with my weight since I was eleven. 
I'm so tired of dieting. 
So this year I've decided to focus simply on getting fit.
Sis and I went to our first Yoga class last night. 
It was fun. 
I AM SORE. 
I'm starting my goal low, in that I am hoping to attend class at least once a week. 
If I can go more, great, if not, once is a start. 
I'm also hoping to add in some other things at home. 
I mean, after all, I DO have to look somewhat decent as the Mother of the Bride right? 

~I want to read more. 
We read a lot in school, but it seems like it's been months since I've read anything for ME. 
Again, there is that time and alertness issue....
I stumbled across this Back to the Classics Challenge at Karens Books and Chocolate. 
It sounds like a lot of fun and might help motivate me into reading. 
Bonus is that I can tie in Civil War era lit for some of this! 
Be sure to check out her challenge and let me know if you are joining the fun!

~I want to do a bit more here. 
I KNOW I won't be doing daily posts, but I sure hope to be here a bit more often than in 2014. lol! 

~I want to spend more time crafting and sewing.
My Civil War sewing list is atrociously long! 
I recently learned to crochet and my project list is huge! 
I really need to polish my knitting skills and get busy there.
I haven't scrap booked in YEARS, and would like to make some headway there. 
Not to mention everything else I enjoy doing or want to learn...

~I want to spend more time in the cemetery. 
Ok, I'm sure that just sounds plain weird, but as a genealogist, cemeteries are important places! 
I've joined Find a Grave and I want to be able to help others. 
My goal is to get out to and photograph more than what I did in 2014. 

~I want NEED to spend time organizing and cleaning this house.
We just have too much stuff that isn't needed or loved or used. 
Now granted, our house is 115 years old, it just doesn't have the storage space, and there are a lot of us too, but it needs to get gone through and organized and we need to majorly purge!
Which is actually the last of my goals. 

~PURGE! PURGE! PURGE! 
Things just need to go! 



So there is my seemingly huge and impossible list of goals.
Stay tuned and see how I'm doing with them, and feel free to share what your goals for this year are with me.
Maybe we could work on them together. 

Country Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment