Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Completing Him Challenge --Catch up from week 6

Communicating in marriage about time management

The challenge:  Make a list of 5 things you currently do and ask your husband to prioritize them for you of what is important to him. For example - a clean home, home cooked dinner, coupon clipping, service at church, having friends over for dinner, watching/doing sports with him, etc.


So I sat down and made a list of fifteen things that I do. I asked Good Ole Boy to list them in order or to at least check off the top five most important to him. I was surprised with his choices! 

- laundry
- cooking (NOT my favorite activity)
- teaching the kids
-  running the kids places; school related, fun stuff & medical
(these were three choices but he combined them)
- working in the garden / yard

So I have work to do! 
Laundry is easy - a load a day keeps Mt. Washmore away! 
LOL :) I typically do two - three loads a day for our family size. Now putting them away.....I do struggle there. Sigh.  
Cooking. I hate cooking. No one is ever happy with what I make and I am trying to make healthier meals & make better financial choices with our grocery shopping. Which means we are not having chicken nuggets or pizza every night! (the meals I DON'T hear complaints about!) 
Teaching & running kids are high on my list so easy for me to do. 
Yard work. This is an area that often gets neglected. It gets pushed to after everything else is done. 
I see that I need to rearrange some of my priorities to better be my husbands helpmeet. 

It's nice to do this occasionally. I put a lot of time and energy into pleasing my husband. I need to make sure that I'm not burning myself out by doing things that aren't that important to him. 

http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/07/communicating-in-marriage-about-time.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment